posted 11 days ago by
ragingwookiee
Senior Member - 7K

Posted with ToGo

Amazon Dash Wand + $20 Credit After Registration
$20.00
https://www.amazon.com/Amazon-Dash-Wand-With-Alexa/dp/B01MQMJFDK 

• Groceries have never been easier. All new Amazon Dash Wand with Alexa helps you find recipes, convert cups to ounces, buy and reorder essentials, find nearby restaurants and more.
  • Purchase Dash Wand for $20 and get $20 off your next purchase after you register the device. *
  • Try AmazonFresh free for 90 days (normally $14.99 per month) **
  • Say it or scan a barcode. It?s added to your shopping cart. Just say ?paper towels.?
  • Water-resistant, durable design, and magnetic so you can stick it on your fridge.

40 Comments
Add Comment
rated:
Valid for Prime Members only!

👀  👀   Is this brand-new? The Internet of Things is getting crazy!!!!!!!!! Although TBH I feel like that design would get old quickly. The $20 credit is awesome especially since it can be used on anything shipped & sold by Amazon. I don't live in an AmazonFresh area which is making me hesitate

Also, promo/credit T&C: 

https://www.amazon.com/b?node=16962180011

• This is a limited time offer.
  • Offer only to Prime members who register an Amazon Dash Wand with their Amazon Prime account.
  • Offer good while supplies last.
  • Offer limited to one per customer and account.
  • Offer may not be combined with other offers.
  • The maximum benefit you may receive from this offer is $20.00.
  • The $20 credit will be added to your customer account when you check out with an eligible item.
  • Promotional credit expires at 11:59 p.m. (PT) June 18, 2018.
  • Promotional credit only applies to products sold by Amazon.com or Amazon Digital Services LLC (look for "sold by Amazon.com" or "sold by Amazon Digital Services LLC" on the product detail page). Products sold by third-party sellers or other Amazon entities will not qualify for this offer, even if "fulfilled by Amazon.com" or "Prime Eligible".
  • Promotional credit does not apply to digital content.
  • Shipping charges and taxes may apply to the full value of discounted and free promotional items.
  • Promotional items must be purchased in a single order and shipped at the same speed to a single address.
  • Amazon reserves the right to modify or cancel the offer at any time.
  • Offer is non-transferable and may not be resold.
  • Offer discount will be allocated proportionally among all promotional items in your order.
  • If any of the products or content related to this offer are returned, your refund will equal the amount you paid for the product or content, subject to applicable refund policies.
  • If you violate any of these terms, the offer will be invalid.
  • Unless an Amazon Gift Card is the stated benefit of the promotion, promotional codes (including those placed directly in accounts) may not be redeemed for Amazon Gift Cards.

rated:
Thanks, grabbed one.

rated:
I've been using this for several months with Amazon Fresh. It is incredible and really streamlines the grocery inventory/buying process. We eat something, scan it, and then it is in our Amazon Fresh cart for the next delivery. If it is a grocery product that doesn't have a bar code (i.e., bananas), we just say it into the device. Amazon remembers your product preference and adds the same items that you ordered in the past.

rated:
Can I register the wand to my account and get the credit even if AmazonFresh isn't available in my area yet?

rated:
I read that you can just speak your selection to the wand - is that true? Do  you press a button to speak the selection or is this thing always listening? Thank you. 

rated:
how do you register it? if i use free 2 day shipping it won't be here until the 19th and the credit says only good until the 18th

rated:
Press a button to speak. Not always listening. 

rated:
The promotional credit is valid until June 18th, 2018 - not 2017. So you have a full year to use it.

rated:
thaxi said:   The promotional credit is valid until June 18th, 2018 - not 2017. So you have a full year to use it.
  awesome thanks!

rated:
Be careful.  I suspect that this device will burrow a hole in your wallet.

rated:
MaxDog said:   Be careful.  I suspect that this device will burrow a hole in your wallet.
  Ah! It's a profit deal!

rated:
MangoGT said:   Press a button to speak. Not always listening. 
  Are you sure about that?    

rated:
MangoGT said:   I've been using this for several months with Amazon Fresh. It is incredible and really streamlines the grocery inventory/buying process. We eat something, scan it, and then it is in our Amazon Fresh cart for the next delivery. If it is a grocery product that doesn't have a bar code (i.e., bananas), we just say it into the device. Amazon remembers your product preference and adds the same items that you ordered in the past.
  Do you not care about price?  Seriously, that's my concern with this, how do I know Amazon is not overcharging on things.

rated:
What a cool product. Definitely will help around the kitchen when I'm running out of ideas of what to cook.

rated:
Just curious, do you guys care about price when ordering with this?

rated:
pull the trigger

rated:
Deciding if I need another device on top of Alexa. She's awesome!

rated:
Having AmazonFresh in your area is not a requirement for the $20, correct? It's not in the T&C. Guess the 90-days free Fresh just wouldn't activate.

rated:
You have to pay tax for this product. Not really free.
Tax to be collected: $1.45
My total is $21.45

rated:
You are correct.  I noticed the same thing.  You will pay sales tax on the wand and you will also pay sales tax on the items you purchase with the wand.  This gadget is basically costing you $1.45.  You just need to make sure you use the credit within a year.

rated:
T&C's say
"The $20 credit will be added to your customer account when you check out with an eligible item."

What is an eligible item?

rated:
flap said:   Having AmazonFresh in your area is not a requirement for the $20, correct? It's not in the T&C. Guess the 90-days free Fresh just wouldn't activate.

I don't think it is a requirement, to the best of my knowledge it is more of an added benefit to those customers lucky enough to live in an AmazonFresh area. 

rated:
WindWalker said:   T&C's say
"The $20 credit will be added to your customer account when you check out with an eligible item."

What is an eligible item?

An item shipped and sold by Amazon. "Promotional credit only applies to products sold by Amazon.com or Amazon Digital Services LLC (look for "sold by Amazon.com" or "sold by Amazon Digital Services LLC" on the product detail page). Products sold by third-party sellers or other Amazon entities will not qualify for this offer, even if "fulfilled by Amazon.com" or "Prime Eligible". "

rated:
so nice thx

rated:
Just got mine. Pretty neat. I would compare it to having a portable hand held echo dot with a bar code scanner.

rated:
ragingwookiee said:   

• Groceries have never been easier. All new Amazon Dash Wand with Alexa helps you find recipes, convert cups to ounces, buy and reorder essentials, find nearby restaurants and more.

Last time I thought in my head, 1 cup is 8oz. Didn't even connect to the internet. Seems like a selling point, that shouldn't be a selling point.

rated:
gregjames2000 said:   You are correct.  I noticed the same thing.  You will pay sales tax on the wand and you will also pay sales tax on the items you purchase with the wand.  This gadget is basically costing you $1.45.  You just need to make sure you use the credit within a year.

If you use Amazon Pantry, you could get $5 off with the slow shipping option, bringing it to MM status. It's OOS, so I can wait to look at it sit on my counter

rated:
Got mine - what a rip off.
1. Nothing a phone can't do easier and more convenient.
2. It always adds the most expensive option to the cart. It's just a tool to make you buy more on Amazon. People are suckers.
even when the item option that comes up first on Amazon.com is cheaper, the dash always adds the more expensive option, often double the price, to the cart.

the first three items I tried, things I bought on Amazon, it went deep into the bowels on Amazon to find options that are just a lot more expensive for the same thing. Mr Brown Blue Mountain coffee 24 pack, which is 24.00, I have always bought for this. I scan it, it adds a 47.97 24 pack to my cart. Seriously, people love these Alexa things? What suckers.

rated:
mmconhea said:   Got mine - what a rip off.
2. It always adds the most expensive option to the cart. It's just a tool to make you buy more on Amazon. People are suckers.
even when the item option that comes up first on Amazon. com is cheaper, the dash always adds the more expensive option, often double the price, to the cart.

the first three items I tried, things I bought on Amazon, it went deep into the bowels on Amazon to find options that are just a lot more expensive for the same thing. Mr Brown Blue Mountain coffee 24 pack, which is 24.00, I have always bought for this. I scan it, it adds a 47.97 24 pack to my cart. Seriously, people love these Alexa things? What suckers.

Mine comes later this week, but with Alexa when I say "reoder xyz soap" it comes back with "based on your order history, should I order xyz soap for $x.xx?"
It was the same price as my last few orders and cheaper than the local store. YMMV obviously

rated:
2. It always adds the most expensive option to the cart. It's just a tool to make you buy more on Amazon. People are suckers.
even when the item option that comes up first on Amazon. com is cheaper, the dash always adds the more expensive option, often double the price, to the cart.

the first three items I tried, things I bought on Amazon, it went deep into the bowels on Amazon to find options that are just a lot more expensive for the same thing. Mr Brown Blue Mountain coffee 24 pack, which is 24.00, I have always bought for this. I scan it, it adds a 47.97 24 pack to my cart. Seriously, people love these Alexa things? What suckers.

I love your paranoia. But you should realize that the $47.97 version is not sold by Amazon. So Amazon has no incentive to push that over the other one, which is sold by Amazon 

It is possible, that algorithm is flawed but it is not an evil plan by Amazon 

rated:
Free stick + free 90 days of Fresh. Not bad.

rated:
dtatha said:   

I love your paranoia. But you should realize that the $47.97 version is not sold by Amazon. So Amazon has no incentive to push that over the other one, which is sold by Amazon 

that's not true at all - while I didn't look at the specific item mentioned, Amazon always has their eye on the almighty dollar - if you buy that $48 coffee from that 3rd party seller - Amazon takes a percentage of commission from that seller - and they don't have to worry about inventory or the cost of shipping - so technically they win every time!

rated:
lemonhead said:   
dtatha said:   

that's not true at all - while I didn't look at the specific item mentioned, Amazon always has their eye on the almighty dollar - if you buy that $48 coffee from that 3rd party seller - Amazon takes a percentage of commission from that seller - and they don't have to worry about inventory or the cost of shipping - so technically they win every time!

The algorithm tries to select the option you're most likely to want, based on your previous purchase history.  

rated:
Note this does not work on 5GHz / dual band wireless networks.

Kind of junk if you ask me. Amazon is issuing a return and it's going back. 

rated:
I bought one for the hacking possibilities as well as getting around "add-on item" penalties.

However, if it's anything like the Dash Buttons, it's just more dirty electronic waste in search of a problem to solve. Is there anything this does that a smart phone won't do better already? Does it have any of the advantages a common smart phone already has (i.e. Visuals, price and feature comparison, etc.). Does it REALLY save me any real time (and what do I end up doing with the time I "saved")? One more thing to charge, search for, break and send off to Africa for a child to tear down and dump into the environment.

rated:
Yeah, I had a good laugh when I scanned the barcode on a box of Kleenex, and when I went to my cart it had added one box from a 3rd party seller for $18. Yes, ONE box. lol

rated:
The only reason to buy this is to get on Alexa deals? Or is there more to this deal?

rated:
This seems to only work at home. So therefore, I need to have purchased something already, to scan it. It would be great if you could take it with you and scan items in the real world.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017