posted 2 months ago by
tivoaddict

$50 off the regular price of a TiVo Bolt Plus ($449.99 down from $499.99).
$200 off TiVo Bolt+ "all in" (lifetime) TiVo service ($349.99 down from $349.99).

https://www.weaknees.com/tivo-bolt-plus-4k-series6.php

20 Comments
Add Comment
rated:
$800 is much more palatable!

rated:
Available from Tivo directly as well:
https://www.tivo.com/summersalemeltdown2017#/summersalemeltdown2017

From Tivo you have the option for a 3 year warranty for $39.

rated:
jcrandall6 said:   Available from Tivo directly as well:
https://www.tivo.com/summersalemeltdown2017#/summersalemeltdown2017 

From Tivo you have the option for a 3 year warranty for $39.

Thanks. I looked on tivo's site and could not find it.

Keep in mind that tivo charges tax to most states, I'm pretty sure...that can be a LOT on a bolt with service.

Also, be careful of tivo extended warranty--I believe they will fix/replace it once and then you're on your own.

https://www.tivo.com/legal/extended-warranty-service-agreement
"Maximum liability under this Contract shall be the cost of: (I) one replacement with a Product of like grade and quality or (II) reimbursement of the retail price paid for the products minus the sales tax. This Contract provides for only the one-time replacement of the Product with another Product of like grade and quality."

rated:
I have had probably 15 TiVos over the years and the only ones that have failed are VERY old. Never needed a replacement.

Maybe the sales means another unit on the horizon? But with stories like this I get a little concerned about TiVo's health.

rated:
qube said:   
Maybe the sales means another unit on the horizon? But https://zatznotfunny.com/2017-05/tivo-mavrik-dead/ I get a little concerned about TiVo's health.

And OTOH there is this:

https://www.engadget.com/2017/06/12/tivo-wins-patent-dispute-aga...

rated:
We have the white Bolt and I'm not happy with the fan noise level it emits.  The loudest Tivo we have ever owned.  It's not super noticeable if there is activity in the room.  But when the room is quiet, the fan does have a high pitched whine that drives me nuts.  I ended up putting a mini in that main room and have the Bolt in a room not used as much. 

Question:  Do the Bolt+'s have better fans than the original Bolts?

rated:

Or have Best Buy price match.

rated:
Noahbody123 said:   

Or have Best Buy price match.

I assume Best Buy will charge tax even if weakness.com doesn't?

rated:
I've had two Tivo HD's fail.  One right at the year mark.  One multiple years down the road.  This deal sucks compared to the upgrade from the Tivo HD program they had a month or so ago.

rated:
mjbok said:    This deal sucks compared to the upgrade from the Tivo HD program they had a month or so ago.

That deal is long gone and only applied to people who were using tivos from many generations ago. Congratulations if you got in on that deal, but you're not really making a fair comparison, since this deal is for everyone, not just people who have had tivo for 10+ years.

rated:
I'm just over 3 years on my Roamio cable or ota model with lifetime, and a Tivo mini. They both function great, I have missed just a couple of things, in all of that use. We also use it for Netflix, Vudu and Amazon, since it is so simple to operate.

What a difference from the Charter junk they charge all that money for, I broke even after about 19 months compared to charter rental and service fees here. $2 a month for a multi stream card. One of the better electronics deals ever for me.

rated:
I've bought a few lifetime Bolts for people. Definitely get the 3 year warranty with them. Had a few failures. Yes, the warranty is only good for one replacement but you can get another 3 year extended warranty with the replacement. 

rated:
Look closer at that ad from tivo, the Bolt+ (black) is new, the 500G Bolt (white) & Roamio Pro are both "Tivo-renewed - factory-refurbished. Not that big of a deal, but it is something to know. Also, there are many of these on Craigslist or eBay for sale unopened, new, by people that upgraded old boxes. It may be worth a look there, might even be able to get it same day.

rated:
Does the mini require a monthly fee? Anyone have any feedback on the success/failure with it?

rated:
looosserama said:   Does the mini require a monthly fee? Anyone have any feedback on the success/failure with it?
  Mini is a one time charge and I've used mine for years now without issues.

rated:
looosserama said:   Does the mini require a monthly fee? Anyone have any feedback on the success/failure with it?
  They previously sold a separate sub for the mini, but now a full lifetime for the mini is included in the price, along with a normal remote.

My mini is Ethernet cable wired from my router, It is 99.99% reliable. Just over 3 years of service.
It also handles streaming duties very well, this makes it quite simple for people who have a tough time with numerous remotes, all you need to learn is the one, and streaming Vudu , Netflix, Amazon, all show up right where the tv shows do. 

rated:
They originally did (when they first came out and I purchased mine), but no longer do.  They're solid state and have no HD which removes one of the biggest points of failures on Tivos.

rated:
This is tempting. I can move on to 4K.

rated:
4k on TiVo not worth upgrading from roamio pro. only content is Netflix? just use a Roku.

rated:
If you pricematch it at Bestbuy for the TIVO. Can you get the all-in subscription at Best Buy? Or can you buy it later at Tivo for $350? 

The only reason I am asking this is because today is the last day and I need to activate it by the end of today. Tivo customer service is not picking up. 

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017